Sunday, February 7, 2010

Module 2 Reflection (2/08/10)

This module has helped me think about using standards, CFQ's, or formative assessment in the following ways:

Sometimes teachers become overcome with a bundle of standards to cover in a short amount of time. Unfortunately, in the light of this situation, they often assess their students through summative assignments, covering several standards in bulk. However, CFQ's provide students with an outline or a guide to realize how real life situations relate to concepts being taught in the classroom. I find that the opportunity to use these formative assessments in classroom provide students and teachers with an easy to use guide, creating a path to mastery of standards.

I will make continuous attempts to implement CFQ's in my classroom, hoping to guide instruction and filter misconception. This will enhance my lessons by providing substance for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment