Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Yesterday (January 23, 2012)

The inconsistency in which I report events is not due to my lack of want but accessibility (okay merely an excuse). There is a pen, paper (of some sort), and a keyboard always at my fingertips or hands reach. Nevertheless, yesterday's escapade was rather interesting. The students were geared up for what you could call a normal Monday. Most of them were dreary and not too excited about learning (mostly due to the storm and possible tornado). Despite the emotions, we were able to have a productive conversation and read through our text. I think my intern (pre-teacher) enjoyed today's lesson and hopefully received some insight. The highlight of today was the opportunity to see one of my students who vowed to marry a rich guy (not labor or date beneath the "status") working at a nearby restaurant. She did listen to my rambling speech about self-worth, character, and purpose (even said, "you were right..."). One of those things that makes me think I love these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment